Paleo Lemon Coconut Bread


I haven't baked a paleo bread in months and I forgot how delicious and moist they are! I started baking yesterday with the intention of making a banana bread (I have quite a few ripe bananas I need to start using up so I'm sure I'll post a banana bread recipe soon). While looking for the perfect banana bread recipe, I came across this bread recipe and I could not pass up using coconut and lemon in my bread.


This lemony and coconut topped bread is sugar and gluten free. It is made with coconut flour and naturally sweetened with honey. The pistachios that this bread is topped with add a great crunch to the soft bread.


This bread recipe is definitely a keeper. I just had a piece for breakfast and I have to control myself so that I don't go back for more. If you're a coconut lover, lemon lover, or both, you will certainly love this healthy and flavorful bread!

Paleo Lemon Coconut Bread:
(original recipe from: http://www.anjasfood4thought.com/)

1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
4 tablespoons honey
1 small ripe banana, mashed
zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut

  1. Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a loaf pan.
  2. In a bowl, sift together the coconut flour and baking soda. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, coconut oil, honey and mashed banana. Add in the lemon zest and juice and mix to combine. 
  4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until everything is completely combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the pistachios and coconut. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
  5. Let cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan and transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts