Flourless Chocolate Cake
I recently visited New York City with my parents and we ate dinner at The Green Table restaurant located in Chelsea Market. My dad ordered a flourless chocolate cake for dessert and it was delicious (I of course asked for a bite).
I decided that for my grandfather's 87th birthday I would bake a flourless chocolate cake. This cake is loaded with healthy fats from almond flour and coconut oil and also protein from eggs. This recipe is a perfect one to bake for a friend that has a gluten or dairy allergy, or both.
You should also prepare some vanilla coconut milk ice cream or regular vanilla ice cream to serve with the cake because it is extremely rich.
Flourless Chocolate Cake:
(original recipe from: http://www.delightedmomma.com)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan with coconut oil and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla
6 tbsp coconut milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Puree all of the ingredients together in a blender.
- Once the cake has cooled, apply the frosting and decorate with strawberries.
- Serve the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.