Lobster Pasta Salad
Lobster was on sale this week and my mom begged me to cook a lobster dish. She can sit and eat lobster like its candy when she gets her hands on some. I remembered watching Ina make this pasta salad on The Barefoot Contessa and decided this was the perfect summer lobster dish to make for my family.
This was my first time making this pasta salad and it definitely will not be my last. This meal was a huge hit at my house tonight. My mom, who usually never goes back for seconds, had a big second helping and could not stop eating even after she expressed how full she was.
This is such a great dish to make for a summer party, or just as a special treat whenever you find lobster on sale!
Lobster Pasta Salad:
(original recipe from: http://www.foodnetwork.com)
1 pound small pasta shells
5 ears corn, kernels cut off
6 scallions, thinly sliced
2 yellow or red bell peppers, diced
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
2 pounds cooked lobster meat, diced
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
2 teaspoons black pepper
4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups fresh dill, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the corn kernels to the same pot with the pasta and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Drain the corn and pasta and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the scallions, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and lobster to the large bowl.
- In a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Mix the mayonnaise mixture into the pasta mixture until incorporated. Stir in the dill.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 6 hours
Yields: 16 servings
Calories per serving (if using light mayonnaise and light sour cream) : 200 calories