Paleo Zucchini Muffins



I picked my first big zucchini from my garden yesterday! I only used half of it to make these muffins, but I've been eating the muffins like candy so I'm sure in a couple of days I'll use the other half of the zucchini to make them again.

I love having fresh baked muffins around, especially when they're loaded with a fresh picked vegetable. The fact that these muffins are paleo makes them a great guilt free snack at anytime of the day. I actually just ate one about 10 minutes ago :)


Paleo Zucchini Muffins:
(original recipe from: http://blog.meaningfuleats.com)

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 banana, mashed
1 cup unpeeled, finely grated zucchini
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
  3. In a food processor, pulse together the eggs, honey, vanilla and coconut oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and pulse to combine.
  4. Allow the mixture to sit for about 3 minutes and then add the apple cider vinegar, banana and zucchini. Pulse to combine.
  5. Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and bake for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
  6. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack. Keep the muffins in the refrigerator.
Yields: 11-12 muffins
Calories per muffin: 120 calories

Comments

Popular Posts