Spinach, Banana and Almond Smoothie


This is my favorite smoothie to drink before or after a difficult workout. Packed with protein from almond butter, almond milk and even spinach, this smoothie will either give you energy for a workout or help you to recover from one.

It was just recently that I decided to add spinach to my usual banana almond butter smoothie. I have been trying to increase my vegetable intake throughout the day and thought adding spinach to my daily smoothie would be the perfect way to achieve my goal.

The spinach adds a freshness to the smoothie without adding the actual taste of spinach. If it was not for the small specks of green throughout the smoothie, the spinach is virtually undetectable.

I do not see myself getting sick of drinking this smoothie every day anytime soon, so until then I will keep enjoying it and hope you do as well.

Spinach, Banana and Almond Smoothie:

1 large banana, frozen
2 cups spinach
1 tablespoon crunchy or smooth almond butter
2 ice cubes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend and enjoy!

Yield: 1 serving
Calories per serving: 240 calories

Comments

Popular Posts