Cantaloupe Mint Popsicles


I received my birthday present from my sister who lives in Portland, Oregon the other day and was so excited to find a People's Pops recipe book and Zoku popsicle maker. She knows me so well!

In the recipe book they have a fresh cantaloupe mint popsicle recipe. I happened to have a giant cantaloupe on hand and a ton of fresh mint growing in the garden. I loved the idea of such a simple all natural popsicle that is full of nutrients from fresh cantaloupe. The popsicle turned out beautiful and super refreshing, a must make!

You may find that you have leftover popsicle mixture after filling your molds. I took my extra mixture and added a can of full fat coconut milk to it and whisked them together. I then made a simple graham cracker crust from 9 graham cracker sheets and 3 tablespoons of butter. I put the crust in a pie pan and poured my cantaloupe coconut mixture into the crust. I froze it for a couple of hours and OMG it's incredible. A must try with your leftover mixture!

I can't wait until I devour all of my cantaloupe popsicles so that my molds are free and I can try many more recipes in the book. Possibly one using alcohol next time... we'll see!

Cantaloupe Mint Popsicles:
(original recipe from: People's Pops)

1 cantaloupe
6 sprigs mint
1 cup simple syrup (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water)
  1. Cut the skin off the cantaloupe and scoop out the seeds. Chop into pieces and puree in a blender.
  2. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add the sprigs of mint and let simmer in the simple syrup for 5-10 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool.
  3. Once the syrup has cooled, remove the sprigs of mint and add it to the cantaloupe puree. Stir together and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until firm and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts