Garlic and Herb Pita Bread
These are so good! Even my dad, who strangely does not enjoy bread with his meals, loved them. They are a healthier and lighter alternative to the pre frozen garlic bread I used to eat when I was younger.
These pitas are very flavorful from only the use of a few simple ingredients. After all, what's better than garlic, herbs and butter? I decided to serve these pitas alongside Trader Joe's organic marinara sauce and it was a perfect combination.
Garlic and Herb Pita Bread:
(original recipe from: http://allrecipes.com)
1 package whole wheat pita bread
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the pitas into 6 equal triangles and arrange in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the pita bread. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of warm marinara sauce for dipping.