Spicy Kale Chips
I woke up this morning feeling the best I have this week. My surgeon told me that by tomorrow or Monday I should be completely back on my feet and I am anxiously awaiting to feel normal again.
I have been able to make simple meals and snacks the past couple of days, but I feel very tired after being on my feet for too long. I was pretty exhausted after baking these kale chips, but they were so worth it once I was able to sit down and enjoy them.
You can enjoy this entire recipe for only 120 calories, which is almost unbelievable considering it makes a big batch and is so satisfying. I have been trying to eat low calorie meals and snacks the past week since I have had absolutely no physical activity. The fact that I can fill up on a nutritious snack for only 120 calories is great!
Spicy Kale Chips:
3-4 cups kale, torn into pieces
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can increase if you would like more spice)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, pour the oil over the kale leaves and add the spices. Mix using your hands or a spoon until all of the kale leaves are fully coated.
- Spread the kale onto baking sheets in an even flat layer. Do not overlap the kale leaves because they will turn out soggy.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the kale is crispy. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
Calories for entire batch: 120 calories