Strawberry and Balsamic Kale Salad



Today was the first day following my surgery on Monday that I have been able to prepare my lunch on my own. I have to say, I have never been more exhausted after preparing a simple salad in my life haha.

This has been one of my favorite salads to make for lunch for a couple of years now. It takes less than 10 minutes to put together and it is loaded with all of the essential nutrients you need to keep energized in the middle of the day.

I usually put chopped up pistachios in this salad, but since I have not been able to grocery shop this week, we ran out. I had a bag of Trader Joe's Chili Lime Cashews in my cabinet and decided they would be a nice and spicy substitute for the pistachios. I may be permanently converting from pistachios to these cashews when making this salad in the future.

I will hopefully be fully back on my feet by Sunday or Monday and most likely the next time I post a recipe I will be posting from my new off campus house in Narragansett!


Strawberry and Balsamic Kale Salad:

3 cups kale (or baby spinach)
6 strawberries, chopped
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 tablespoon pistachios (or Trader Joe's Chili Lime Cashews), chopped
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons balsamic dressing
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in a salad bowl and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts