Mini Eggplant Pizzas



I was in the mood for something delicious, but low in calories for lunch today. I thought about making a mini pizza using individual flatbreads, but did not want all of the calories that came along with the bread. I decided to improvise and use eggplant as my bread.


I used an entire small graffiti eggplant and topped it with some veggies I had laying around in my fridge. I love the bit of spiciness that red onions have and the earthy mushrooms were perfect to round out the flavors of the mini pizzas. Use whatever toppings you love to make your perfect mini pizza!


Mini Eggplant Pizzas:

1 small eggplant, cut into rounds
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
toppings of your choosing
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. Put your eggplant rounds on a baking sheet and top with dollops of marinara sauce. Next, top with the grated mozzarella and whichever toppings you are choosing to use.
  3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and eggplants are tender.

Comments

Popular Posts