Romaine Parmesan Salad with Crispy Garbanzo Bean Croutons



I usually do not serve salads as a side dish when I make meals. I like to have salads for lunch most days and enjoy cooking side dishes instead of throwing a salad together for dinner.

I am very happy that I chose this salad to serve as a side dish last night alongside spaghetti with butternut leek parmesan sauce. It went perfectly with the spaghetti dish and was a huge hit with my roommates.


You could serve this salad with caesar dressing, but I chose to make a basic lemon herb vinaigrette to serve with it. I am not a huge fan of creamy salad dressings, and the one I made was delicious! There was not a teaspoon of dressing or a bite of salad left at the end of the meal.

Romaine Parmesan Salad with Crispy Garbanzo Bean Croutons:
(original recipe from: http://www.mountainmamacooks.com)

1 bag chopped romaine lettuce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
1 teaspoon olive oil
pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
  2. Lay the garbanzo beans on a paper towel and take off the outer layer of skin on the beans.
  3. Place the beans on a baking sheet and coat with black pepper and olive oil.
  4. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
  5. Assemble the romaine, parmesan and garbanzo beans in a bowl and top with the dressing recipe below.
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette:

juice of 2 lemons
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
  1. Whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts