Slow Cooker Paprika Pork Over Parmesan Polenta



I didn't use my crock pot once all summer and I was starting to have crock pot withdrawals. I love the rich taste that a slow cooked crock pot dish has, but summertime always seems too hot to use the crock pot.

I had never made this dish before, but I am so happy that I chose this meal as my first crock pot meal of the fall! The salsa and paprika used to season the pork add flavor without adding too much spice.


The tender pork tastes even better when it is served over the cheesy and rich polenta (which is one of my favorite starches). 


The next time you're in the mood to let a crock pot do most of the work for you, turn to this recipe. Your family won't believe that you didn't slave for hours to prepare this dish.

Slow Cooker Paprika Pork Over Parmesan Polenta:
(original recipe from: http://bevcooks.com)

Pork Ingredients:
1 (8oz) pork tenderloin
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup salsa
2 tablespoons smoke paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Polenta Ingredients:
2 cups almond milk
2 cups water
1 cup polenta
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Garnish:
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
  1. Combine all of the pork ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 hours. After 3 hours, shred the pork with a fork and cook for another hour on low.
  2. Bring the milk and water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the polenta and stir until thick. Take off the heat and stir in the butter, cheese and sea salt.
  3. Serve the pork over the polenta and top with the fresh parsley. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts