Spicy Baked Pineapple and Sweet Potatoes



I made a burger recipe, that I will be posting in the future, for dinner tonight and needed a side dish to go along with it. I usually prepare baked sweet potato fries whenever I make burgers, but I wanted to try something different.

I love anything spicy and I also love pineapple. When I came across this recipe bringing two of my favorite things together, I knew I had to try it!

This side dish took less then 10 minutes to prep and consists of only a few simple ingredients. Besides being simple to prepare, this side dish is also so colorful and looks great on a plate next to whatever your main dish may be.


Spicy Baked Pineapple and Sweet Potatoes:
(original recipe from: http://mouthwateringfoods.blogspot.com)

4 sweet potatoes
1 package pineapple spears, plus the juice leftover
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cayenne 
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
  2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into chunks. Chop the pineapple spears into chunks as well and place the potato and pineapple in a baking dish.
  3. Add the pineapple juice, olive oil and cayenne to the potatoes and pineapple and stir until everything is well coated.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. 

Comments

Popular Posts