Sugar Free Healthy Homemade Vanilla Pudding
This pudding is so rich in sweetness and vanilla flavor, yet has zero sugar! If you have not already invested in some baking stevia or liquid stevia, run to your local grocery store or Trader Joe's and get some!
I had 4 egg yolks in my fridge that I had no clue what to do with. I found this homemade vanilla pudding recipe that requires 6 egg yolks and knew this recipe was meant for me to make. I love pudding and if it can be naturally sugar free, I love it even more.
I decided to add some chocolate chips to the pudding because I'm obsessed with chocolate and always need a little bit included in my day.
Sugar Free Healthy Homemade Vanilla Pudding:
(original recipe from: http://dessertswithbenefits.com)
2 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
6 egg yolks, room temperature
30 drops liquid stevia (or 2/3 cup granulated sugar)
1/3 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium low heat.
- Constantly whisk until thickened to pudding consistency.
- Remove from the heat and whisk vigorously to remove any lumps.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.