Almond Butter Cocoa Overnight Oatmeal



I love the convenience of overnight oatmeal. I know exactly what I'm going to eat when I wake up and it's already made! It doesn't get easier than that.


I also love that you can pretty much put anything into overnight oatmeal. This recipe includes chia seeds, flaxseed meal, greek yogurt, almond butter, apple and some decadent cocoa powder.


You will be full for hours after eating this extremely filling breakfast. It is loaded with protein from both the greek yogurt and almond butter. I also added in the apple for some extra nutrients and crunch.

I could eat overnight oatmeal for breakfast every day of the week. It is so delicious and filling and you can get extremely creative with the ingredients you add to it. I hope you enjoy this particular overnight oatmeal recipe!

Almond Butter Cocoa Overnight Oatmeal:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://mywholefoodlife.com)

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon natural almond butter
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/2 cup almond milk
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 apple, chopped
  1. Mix everything, except the apple, in a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator overnight.
  2. In the morning, add the chopped apple and stir to combine. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts