Baked Pumpkin Buckwheat Breakfast Cakes for Two
I baked these flavorful little breakfast cakes yesterday that are meant for two, but I hoarded them both for myself. I loved the one I ate so much for breakfast yesterday, I ate the other one for breakfast today.
The buckwheat flour gives these cakes a hearty texture and all of the spices and pumpkin give it a great warm flavor. These went perfectly with a hot cup of tea.
You can top these with maple syrup, honey or even a little whipped cream. I mixed some honey and chopped apples into greek yogurt and loaded it on top of the cake. You get a little extra fruit and protein into your day topping it with the greek yogurt and apples.
Baked Pumpkin Buckwheat Breakfast Cakes for Two:
(original recipe from: http://www.edibleperspective.com)
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon clove
6 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the buckwheat flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, salt and clove in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until fully combined.
- Grease 2 ramekins with coconut oil spray and pour the batter into the ramekins.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Top with greek yogurt, maple syrup or honey.