Tahini Tempeh Wrap with Hummus, Feta and Broccoli Slaw


I was in need of a protein packed and nutritious lunch today to give me energy for my hour and a half workout later. This wrap got the job done!


Although I'm not a vegan, I do enjoy some vegan foods and ingredients. I've had tempeh before and absolutely love it. It's a lot cheaper than meat and is a great alternative for a meatless meal.


If you are looking to make this a vegan wrap, just omit the feta cheese. However, the feta adds a wonderful salty flavor and of course goes great with the hummus and tahini. 

I'll probably be making this wrap for the next few days, considering it is so delicious. So, the next time you're in need of a quick and nutrition packed lunch, you should most definitely try this wrap recipe!

Tahini Tempeh Wrap with Hummus, Feta and Broccoli Slaw:

1 100% whole wheat wrap
1/4 tempeh log, crumbled
1 tablespoon hummus
1 tablespoon tahini sauce
1/3 cup broccoli slaw
2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
  1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Spray with coconut oil spray and add the tempeh. Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned.
  2. Spread the hummus evenly over the wrap. Next, add the broccoli slaw and feta. 
  3. Mix the tahini sauce into the tempeh and add that to the wrap. Wrap it tightly and cut in half. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts