Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Another fall pumpkin recipe! I am clearly obsessed with pumpkin and these cookies are another great pumpkin recipe. We've been eating them non-stop in my house.
The spices really come through in these cookies and the sweetness from the chocolate chips pair well with the nutmeg and cinnamon flavors.
Pair a couple of these soft and chewy cookies with a cold class of almond milk and you have a perfect nighttime snack.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
(original recipe from: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com)
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- In another bowl combine the coconut oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar with a hand mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and pumpkin and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet and stir until well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Let cool for 2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool. Enjoy!