Baked Sweet Potato and Ricotta Potstickers



I like to make appetizers on Sundays while the football games are on. My boyfriend suggested that I make "game day food" every Sunday because he likes to snack on all types of foods while watching the games.


I decided to try out this potsticker recipe. I have never worked with wontons before and I loved the idea of baking them instead of frying them. Baking them gets them just as crisp as frying and these potstickers are full of flavor.


The filling for these potstickers couldn't be easier to make. Simple and delicious ingredients such as sweet potatoes and ricotta make these healthy yet flavorful.


These were probably one of my favorite appetizers that I have made so far. I served them with soy sauce, but you can really eat them just as they are. I definitely suggest you make these for your next game day!

Baked Sweet Potato and Ricotta Potstickers:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://naturallyella.com)

1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
15 wontons
extra virgin olive oil, for brushing the tops of the potstickers
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. Put the sweet potato in a bowl and put in the microwave for 5-7 minutes on high until tender.
  3. Mash the sweet potato, ricotta, parmesan, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
  4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
  5. Take one wonton and place about 1-2 teaspoons of the filling in the center. Dip your finger in some water and wet the edges. Fold over the edges and crimp. Repeat with the remaining potstickers. Place the potstickers onto the baking sheet.
  6. Brush the tops with some extra virgin olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes and serve with soy sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts