Gluten Free English Muffin Egg Sandwich with Mango Habanero Goat Cheese Spread
I had some friends over this weekend and one of them is gluten free. I bought a package of gluten free english muffins for her to have for breakfast, and since she was only here for one night, we now have a lot of english muffins leftover.
I would actually recommend gluten free english muffins over regular ones because they are denser and can handle many toppings on this sandwich.
My boyfriend requested an egg sandwich for breakfast and he loves spicy jams with his breakfast sandwiches. We have some mango habanero jam at the house and I thought mixing the jam in some goat cheese would make an amazing spread. I was right. The spread is so delicious and gives most of the flavor to this sandwich.
This is the perfect breakfast sandwich to have to start off your day. You get protein from the egg and goat cheese, vitamins from the fresh sauteed greens and whole grains, depending on what kind of gluten free english muffins you choose.
I have a feeling we'll be eating these sandwiches for the next few days. They may have become my new favorite breakfast sandwich. However, if you don't have mango habanero jam, just choose your next favorite. Almost any flavor will be delicious. Enjoy!
Gluten Free English Muffin Egg Sandwich with Mango Habanero Goat Cheese Spread:
1 gluten free english muffin, toasted
1 tablespoon creamy goat cheese
1 tablespoon mango habanero jam (or your favorite kind)
1/2 cup mixed greens
- In a small bowl mix together the goat cheese and jam. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray and crack the egg into the pan.
- While the egg is cooking, spread the goat cheese spread on both sides of the english muffin.
- Once the egg is cooked on both sides, transfer to one of the english muffin pieces. Add the mixed greens to the skillet and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the greens to the top of the egg and put the other half of the english muffin on top to make a sandwich. Serve and enjoy!