Healthy Baked Crab Rangoons



I made game day food yesterday for myself, my boyfriend and a couple of his friends. Along with mini taco meatloaves and jalapeno popper pinwheels, I made these baked crab rangoons. They may have been my favorite thing, especially when dipped in sweet chili sauce.


You definitely don't need to fry crab rangoons in order for them to be delicious. I saved major calories and sacrificed zero crispiness or flavor by simply baking these crab rangoons.


Stuffed with a simple blend of low fat cream cheese, paprika, garlic powder, water chestnuts and fresh crab meat, these couldn't be simpler to prepare. The most time consuming part of this recipe is stuffing each wonton wrapper, so make sure you set aside time to do that before you plan on serving these.


I can't wait to make these again. They were loved by everyone I served them to and my boyfriend and I are even enjoying the leftovers today. I hope you enjoy these!

Healthy Baked Crab Rangoons:
(original recipe from: http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com)

8 ounces low fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons water chestnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 8 ounce container crab meat
22 mini wonton wrappers
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, water chestnuts, paprika, garlic powder and crab meat.
  3. Put 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each wonton wrapper. Bring the opposite corners together and then bring the other 2 opposite corners together so they all meat in the middle. Pinch the seams together and place the wontons onto a greased baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 18 minutes, until the edges are brown and crispy. 
  5. Serve with some soy sauce or sweet chili sauce.
Calories per rangoon: 55 calories

Comments

Popular Posts