Individual Zucchini Boat Goat Cheese Pizza
Using vegetables as pizza crust may sound boring, but it is actually delicious and guilt free. Don't get me wrong, I love pizza dough, but when I'm looking for a healthy and light lunch, making a zucchini a pizza base works for me!
I enjoyed these zucchini boat pizzas the other day for lunch. I've been on a goat cheese kick lately, so I decided to replace traditional mozzarella cheese with goat cheese. Goat cheese does have a stronger flavor than mozzarella, so if you are not a huge fan of goat cheese, go ahead and use mozzarella.
You can get as creative as you want when it comes to topping these pizzas. I topped mine with some basil leaves, fresh tomato slices, marinara sauce and of course goat cheese. You can top yours with roasted red peppers, sausage or simply just cheese.
The next time you're in the mood for a delicious pizza without the carbs, replace the dough with some fresh zucchini. You won't even miss the crust!
Individual Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza:
1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
1 plum tomato, sliced
1-2 tablespoons herb goat cheese
1 large basil leaf, torn
1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut as much of the center of the zucchini out as you can without breaking through to the bottom.
- Place the zucchini halves onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the zucchini out of the oven. Spoon the marinara into each of the centers of the halves. Top with crumbled goat cheese, tomato slices and basil.
- Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes, until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!