Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Peppers
I love making stuffed peppers. They are so easy and can be stuffed with almost anything. These delicious peppers are filled with a mixture of chicken, white beans and topped with some sharp cheddar cheese.
Once you have the chicken cooked and shredded for this dish, it is so easy and quick to prep and cook the rest of the meal. I was almost bored while waiting for the peppers to be done in the oven because the clean up was so easy.
This is a flavorful and very healthy dish that you can serve any night of the week. I served some warm and crusty bread with dipping oil alongside these peppers. It was a perfect and easy weeknight meal.
Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Peppers:
(original recipe from: http://www.skinnytaste.com)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
5 red peppers, cut in half and deseeded
14 ounces chicken, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
15 ounce can white beans, drained
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium high heat and add in the onion, garlic, red pepper and parsley. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cumin, salt and white beans to the pan. Add 1 cup of water to the pan and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the pepper halves into a baking dish. Fill each pepper with the chicken and bean mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and top the peppers with cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!