Easy Homemade Applesauce



Making applesauce is so much easier than you may think. All it takes is a little bit of water, some apples and a food processor.


I find myself needing applesauce multiple times a week, whether it's for a snack or replacing oil with it in baking. Last night I made a big batch of applesauce. I needed some for a delicious microwave cake that I had for dessert last night.


I encourage you to take the extra 20 minutes out of a day and make your own applesauce. It lasts in the fridge for a couple of weeks and it is great to make your own because you know exactly what is in it. You can make a big batch at once and use it throughout the weeks.

Easy Homemade Applesauce:

10 apples, peeled and diced
1/2 cup water
  1. Put the diced apples and water into a medium saucepan. Put on medium heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the apples are tender. 
  2. Transfer the apples to a food processor or blender and add in about half of the reserved water. Blend until smooth. You can also mash the apples by hand if you do not have a food processor.
  3. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts