Herb Crusted Cod with Potato Tomato Salad
I usually turn to blogs and Pinterest for my dinner recipes, but lately I've been cooking a lot of recipes from my collection of cookbooks. This dinner combined a recipe from a cookbook that I got while in Ireland over the summer and the other recipe is from Giada's cookbook "Weeknights With Giada."
It has been freezing and snowing in New England a lot recently and I thought cooking a lighter and more summery recipe would help us forget about the cold (at least while we ate dinner). This meal is absolutely delicious and so refreshing. There are fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme and dill in both the fish recipe and potato salad. They go together perfectly.
Whether you live in a warm place (which I am very jealous of you at this point in the New England winter) or if you are freezing like me, this meal will help remind you of the warm days to come. I hope you enjoy!
Herb Crusted Cod:
(original recipe from: Avoca Cafe Cookbook)
4 fillets of cod
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
3 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs (parsley, chives, dill and thyme)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic and mixed herbs on a large plate.
- Season both sides of the cod fillets with salt and pepper. Then brush the olive oil onto both sides of the fillets.
- Coat both sides of the fillets in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fillets are cooked through.
Potato Tomato Salad:
(recipe slightly adapted from: Weeknights With Giada)
1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to just cover the tops of the potatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the cherry tomatoes, scallions, parsley, thyme, olive oil, potatoes, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for an hour and then serve.