Paleo Banana Bread Muffins


I have really been on a paleo kick lately. I love the fact that I can enjoy delicious baked goods without consuming any gluten or sugar. These banana bread muffins are a great example of how wonderful paleo baking can be.


You may notice that the edges around these muffins are slightly burnt, which was not my fault. The cooking time that I have given you is correct, but we had a strange occurrence happen at my beach house while these were in the oven, which caused them to bake for an extra couple of minutes.


With about 5 minutes left of these baking on Friday night, we had a knock at our door. It was two young guys, beers in hand, who used to rent my house last year. They started telling stories of all of the parties they used to throw here and also how they lit off a firework one night in what is now my room. Interesting right?


Well, these stories ended up taking their toll on my poor muffins. The timer went off while they were here and I just turned off the oven, but did not take the muffins out because they were pretty much on their way out the door. Ya, it was a very strange experience. Regardless, these muffins still came out delicious and taste exactly like a traditional banana bread. You will love them, and try to not let them burn slightly like I did. Have a good Sunday!


Paleo Banana Bread Muffins:
(original recipe from: http://withstyleandgraceblog.com/)

1 1/2 cups almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, for topping
  1. Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a muffin tin.
  2. In a large bowl, sift together the almond flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. 
  3. In a medium bowl mix together the banana, eggs, honey, olive oil and vanilla.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine.
  5. Transfer the batter to the muffin tins and fill 3/4 of the way. Top with the chopped walnuts and bake for 21-23 minutes, until cooked through.
  6. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack, let cool and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts