Simple Sugar Cookies


I've been making a lot of egg white omelets lately, but that means I have to think of ways to use up the egg yolks. I don't like wasting entire egg yolks and this sugar cookie recipe is one of the most delicious ways to use some of them up.


I like having cookies in my house at all times. They are perfect for when I'm craving something sweet at night and if I can limit myself to just one, they're a pretty low calorie and satisfying dessert. 

These sugar cookies are so simple, have a great cookie texture and are very yummy. They are soft and chewy on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. The fact that they're rolled in granulated sugar also adds to the crunch and sweetness of the cookie.


This recipe will become your new favorite sugar cookie recipe. The cookies came out even better than I thought they would and they were very easy to make. I had to control myself when they first came out of the oven because they were the best warm and fresh out of the oven. Hopefully a batch of these will last a little while in your house, you may have to hide them though. Enjoy!

Simple Sugar Cookies:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.food.com)

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
  3. In a smaller bowl beat the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
  4. In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture and mix until blended.
  6. Form the dough into balls, roll in granulated sugar and place on the baking sheet. Press the dough down slightly to flatten. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are crisp on the outside. Let cool on a cooling rack.

Comments

Popular Posts