Strawberry Sour Cream Pancakes



I've had so much time in the morning these past few weeks to make homemade and delicious breakfasts. Most days I do not have to go into my internship until the afternoon, so I've been baking and cooking my breakfasts instead of relying on a quick bowl of cereal.


I had leftover sour cream that I wanted to use up before it went bad (I've been trying to reduce my food waste lately and I've found some very creative and great recipes to do that). I found this sour cream pancake recipe that I've now become somewhat addicted to. I think this may be one of my favorite pancake recipes I've ever tried.


These pancakes are made with a few simple and all natural ingredients. Sour cream, white whole wheat flour, eggs and a little bit of coconut palm sugar make these pancakes extremely fluffy and flavorful. 

I decided to add my own little twist to the recipe by adding strawberries and almond butter to the batter. I also top these with some honey which makes them extra sweet and delicious. I know you'll enjoy these and the recipe will most likely become your go to pancake recipe at your house!


Strawberry Sour Cream Pancakes:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com)

1 cup sour cream (I used full fat)
7 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar (you can use regular granulated sugar)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 strawberries, diced small
2 tablespoons almond butter
  1. Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat.
  2. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. Add the sour cream and sugar to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
  4. Spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancake rounds and top the wet side of the pancakes with the strawberry slices and almond butter. Cook until bubbles start to form and flip. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the pancakes are cooked through and transfer to a plate. Top with some butter, maple syrup or honey and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts