Cilantro and Coconut Mashed Cauliflower


I went to Home Goods earlier this week to search for some new props for my blog pictures and of course I walked out with more items than I originally planned on purchasing. One of the items that I bought was a pineapple tequila cooking sauce that I knew would be perfect on some tilapia for dinner that night.


I had a head of cauliflower, some cilantro and an opened can of light coconut milk in my fridge and knew all of those ingredients pureed together would make a perfect side dish for my pineapple fish.


This tropical flavored side dish could not be easier to make. It takes about 10 minutes to throw together and it has the creamy texture of mashed potatoes, without all of the carbs. It is the perfect side dish to serve to your kids because they will never know that it is a pureed vegetable that is extremely healthy for them.


This has definitely become one of my new favorite go to side dishes, especially with the warm summer months right around the corner. It will pair perfectly with any tropical flavored main dish and I sure can't wait to make it again!


Cilantro and Coconut Mashed Cauliflower:

1 large head cauliflower, florets cut off
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4-1/2 cup light canned coconut milk
salt and pepper, to taste

  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in the cauliflower florets. Cook until the cauliflower is tender and drain.
  2. Add the cauliflower, cilantro, coconut milk, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until all of the ingredients are well incorporated and the cauliflower is pureed. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts