Cinnamon Sugar Twists



I just sat down after unpacking from returning from my Massachusetts house and I have to apologize for any poor grammar I may use in this post because I am exhausted. I had to go home over the past couple of days to put together my final application for the Natural Gourmet Institute! I am so excited to have officially applied to culinary school and I can't wait to hear back from them!


Now onto the food! A few days ago I made a delicious pesto pizza from scratch. I had some leftover dough that I threw in my fridge and decided to save it for later. After a couple of days I knew I had to use up the dough and decided to make these amazing cinnamon sugar twists out of it.


Cinnamon and sugar is such a classic and sweet combination, and it doesn't hurt when it's sprinkled on buttered dough! The butter that makes the cinnamon sugar mixture stick to the dough gives a great extra flavor to the twists and gives them that wonderful buttery texture.


I actually brought these twists home with me so that my parents could try them. There were still some left when I was leaving tonight and I asked my mom if she would like me to take them back with me. She did not want these twists leaving her house, so I nicely left them for her to devour. 

These are the perfect pastry to make for an easy and delicious breakfast, snack or dessert. I personally like to snack on them at night with a cup of hot tea. They are sugary, buttery, crispy and delicious and you are going to love them! Enjoy!


Cinnamon Sugar Twists:

1 pizza dough, store bought or homemade
1/4 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used Trader Joe's coconut sugar)
3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
3-4 teaspoons cinnamon

  1. Preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Roll out your dough into a thin, large rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into long strips.
  3. Whisk together the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl and brush the melted butter onto both sides of the strips.
  4. Dip the strips into the cinnamon sugar until both sides are well coated. Twist the ends in opposite directions and place onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts