Dulce de Leche and Sea Salt Coconut Milk Ice Cream


I didn't use my ice cream maker all winter and I finally dusted it off and put it to use again. I love making coconut milk ice cream. It is incredibly easy to make the ice cream base and you can add whatever you want to it.


I usually like to use one can of full fat coconut milk, to give a rich creamy texture, and one can of light coconut milk, to cut some of the fat and calories. My boyfriend requested that I add dulce de leche to the ice cream because he is a huge caramel lover. I wanted to make a flavor that both him and I would enjoy.


You can add in whatever you want to the original coconut milk base. My favorite flavor to make is mint chocolate chip. You just add about 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract and finely chopped dark chocolate pieces to the mix. It's that easy!

This dulce de leche and sea salt ice cream is absolutely delicious. It is rich from both the coconut milk and dulce de leche and has a great salty bite from the sea salt. The sea salt also helps to bring out the caramel flavor of the dulce de leche. You are going to love this decadent and easy ice cream!


Dulce de Leche and Sea Salt Coconut Milk Ice Cream:

1 can full fat coconut milk
1 can light coconut milk
20-30 drops liquid stevia (or 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons sea salt
1/2 jar dulce de leche or caramel sauce
  1. In a large bowl combine the 2 cans of coconut milk, liquid stevia, sea salt and vanilla. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to instructions.
  2. About 5 minutes before your ice cream is done churning, drizzle in the dulce de leche and let churn until incorporated. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts