Chinese 5 Spice Ground Turkey and Soybean Noodle Stir Fry


I visited Cape Cod this past weekend with my boyfriend and his family and while there we stopped in at the Atlantic Spice Company, which is basically a wholesale spice shop. The shop is full of amazing spices for very cheap. I picked up a good sized bag of Chinese 5 spice for only $2.50!


I had never used Chinese 5 spice before and really did not know what spices it even consisted of. It surprisingly is not "spicy" at all, which for some reason I expected it to be. It is a seasoning made up of cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, star anise and peppercorns. It sounds strange to add it to a stir fry, but trust me, it's delicious!


I have just recently become a big fan of organic frozen vegetables. I always used to only buy fresh veggies, but lately I have been using a lot of frozen vegetables. They come in handy whenever I need some vegetables for lunch, or in this case, dinner. You can definitely use fresh vegetables in this recipe, but I threw in whatever frozen ones I had.


The noodles I used in this recipe are such a great find that I found in the natural food section of the grocery store. They are gluten free and made of soy beans. They add great nutrition and texture to this stir fry and pack a boost of protein.

This meal is absolutely delicious and full of nutrition. It has a little bit of spice from Sriracha, crunch from the veggies and wonderful flavor from the spiced ground turkey. This is definitely a meal that you will not feel the least bit guilty about eating!


Chinese 5 Spice Ground Turkey and Soybean Noodle Stir Fry:

1/2 package Explore Asian Soybean Spaghetti, cooked and drained
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb ground turkey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup soybeans
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Sriracha
1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice
salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok over medium high heat. Add in the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the ground turkey and Chinese 5 spice. Break up the turkey and cook for about 7 minutes, until it is mostly cooked through.
  2. Add the soybeans, peppers, carrots, soy sauce and Sriracha. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the cooked noodles, transfer to bowls and serve. Top with some more Sriracha if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts