Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites



I don't know about you but I usually get pretty hungry around 9 o'clock at night. I know I probably shouldn't eat anything that late, but I can't stand the feeling of being hungry for hours before I go to bed.


I try to eat some sort of fruit or a small bowl of homemade coconut milk ice cream whenever I need a late night snack, but recently these little banana bites have become my go to healthy snack. They are almost a completely guilt free indulgence that keep me satisfied until bedtime.


I like to coat the banana slices in rich dark chocolate. Try to choose a dark chocolate that is 72% dark or higher in order to reduce the added sugar and get all those great antioxidants that dark chocolate has. After coating the bananas in the dark chocolate, the fun starts with the toppings!


I had on hand some unsweetened shredded coconut, homemade peanut butter and a "snickers" Unreal candy bar. I decided to chop up the candy bar and place the pieces into a small bowl, put the shredded coconut in another bowl and I actually put a dollop of the peanut butter onto the banana before dipping it into the chocolate. You can play around with whatever toppings you like.

Only about 3 or 4 of these tiny, flavor packed banana bites will satisfy any late night snack or sweet tooth craving you have. I can't wait to enjoy some later tonight!


Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites:

1 banana, diced
1 cup dark chocolate chips
shredded coconut (optional)
peanut butter (optional)
Unreal "snickers" candy bar, chopped (optional)
  1. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on medium heat for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
  2. Dip each banana slice into the melted chocolate to coat. Either transfer the slice to a baking sheet or plate lined with wax paper or coat in your favorite topping and then transfer to the wax paper lined baking sheet.
  3. Place the banana bites into the freezer for a couple of hours to set. After they have set, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the freezer. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts