My Wonderful Weekend


I'll start off this post by saying that over the weekend I found out that in July I will officially be moving to New York City and attending the Natural Gourmet Institute! It is an understatement to say that I'm extremely excited and of course slightly nervous. I'm really not a big city type of girl and I'm not so much looking forward to living in "the city that never sleeps" because I also love my sleep. But I think it will still be an amazing experience to live on my own in a big city and I can't wait to learn new skills at the culinary school.

I usually don't like to write posts that don't include some sort of a recipe, but I really did not make anything over the weekend. My boyfriend's cousin and her boyfriend stayed with us over the weekend and we mostly went out to eat. I made some homemade pizza for lunch yesterday, but I already have plenty of pizza recipes on this blog and I also didn't have time to photograph the pizzas anyway.


Although getting accepted to culinary school was the most exciting thing to happen to me this weekend, some other very exciting events occurred. I woke up Saturday morning to discover some of the seeds I had planted (with little hope that they would actually sprout) have sprouted!! They are growing extremely fast and should be ready to harvest in about 6 weeks. I have planted chives, mixed lettuce and cilantro and I can't wait to harvest and cook with them.


I also went to Mystic, Connecticut this weekend and enjoyed some very cute belugas and seals at the aquarium. I could seriously watch those belugas for hours, they're so cute. We also walked through the Mystic Village where I picked up this amazing fudge. I got moose tracks and my boyfriend got a fudge made with vanilla, peanut butter and chocolate. Neither of us are usually fudge lovers, but the free sample of fudge that we tried at the general store in the village convinced us to bring some home. It's some of the best fudge I've ever tried.



Well, that's about it for the recap of my weekend. I will definitely have recipes to post this week, so stay tuned! Have a great Monday!

Popular Posts