Superfood Oatmeal


This is my go to favorite oatmeal recipe that I enjoy almost every morning. It is extremely healthy, quick and so addictive. I really can't start my mornings without it. I also need to enjoy this oatmeal with a nice cup of hot tea. I've recently been drinking Yerba Mate tea which aids in digestion and can also help with weight control. It can be a little bitter so I sweeten it with one stevia packet.


This oatmeal is loaded with superfoods, fiber, antioxidants and flavor! The sunflower seed butter is packed with protein that will help keep you full and energetic throughout the morning. The goji berries and cacao nibs are also loaded with fiber and antioxidants to keep your immune system healthy.


I love to mix in a little bit of local honey that I get at my local health food store. The honey adds a nice touch of sweetness and can help fight allergies this season. I've pretty much become addicted to local honey after trying it for the first time a few weeks ago. It tastes so much better than packaged store bought honey.

You really can't start your morning off much better than this bowl of oatmeal. All of the ingredients contain many nutrients and health benefits that will keep your body working at its best all throughout the day. You are going to love this oatmeal! Enjoy!


Superfood Oatmeal:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
2 teaspoons cacao nibs
1 tablespoon goji berries
1 teaspoon local honey
  1. Heat the almond milk in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the rolled oats and let cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the flaxseed meal and sunflower butter and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the oatmeal is cooked to your liking.
  2. Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and stir in the cacao nibs, goji berries and honey. I like to enjoy my oatmeal with a cup of Yerba Mate tea sweetened with stevia. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts