Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies


My boyfriend and I were walking through our local grocery store today and when we walked by the fresh peanut butter making machines he mentioned that he all of a sudden had a craving for peanut butter cookies. The smell of the fresh peanut butter definitely triggered that craving.


When we got home we were both hungry for a snack and I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand to make these cookies. There are only 4 ingredients in these cookies, so it wasn't that lucky that I had those ingredients in my fridge and pantry. I offered to make him a batch and he certainly didn't object.


These cookies are so simple and quick to whip up if you're in a hurry and you're craving something sweet and peanut buttery. They are soft, yet have a slight crunch to them and they are beyond packed with peanut butter flavor. I seriously think my boyfriend ate about 5 or 6 of them. Yes, they can be very addicting. Don't say I didn't warn you.


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/)

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
  1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl stir together all of the ingredients until combined. You can also mix with a hand mixer, but I find with a little elbow grease the ingredients stir together quite well.
  3. Using a tablespoon, drop your dough onto your baking sheet leaving a few inches in between each cookie. Flatten in a cross hatch pattern with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
  4. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts