New York City Hidden Gems


I love finding "hidden gems" in New York City! It seems like they are popping up all the time either on television shows or even Groupons. I first heard of Butter Lane Cupcakes on the Cooking Channel and was thrilled when I realized it is located right down the street from my apartment.


I became even more excited when I found a Groupon to take a cupcake baking class at the Butter Lane Cupcakes East Village location. I ended up buying 2 of the Groupons and my mom and I were able to have a fantastic and delicious 2 hours baking unbelievable cupcakes. The best part was being able to take home 2 big boxes of the cupcakes we had made (and then eat them of course).

I would highly recommend taking a cupcake baking class at Butter Lane, and if you do not have time to take a class, at least stop by and treat yourself to one of their flavorful, fluffy and unique cupcakes!


I always consider artisanal and locally made products hidden NYC gems. Brooklyn Soda Works is one of my favorite products made right in Brooklyn! The picture above is one of their delicious seasonal all natural sodas (and this particular watermelon and shiso flavor was also sugar free)! Their flavors are always changing and are always delicious! A few locations you can find them at are the High Line and Smorgasburg.


Ok, I am going to warn you about this next hidden gem. If you go to Norma's located inside the Le Parker Meridien hotel be prepared to have one of the best breakfasts you will ever have, and spend the most on that breakfast than you probably ever will again in your life.

I am going to tell you the best ways to save money during this mind blowing breakfast, but you will also end up spending at least $50 if you and one friend go. Trust me, I would not be including Norma's in this post if I did not think spending the $50 was well worth it.


When you first sit down at Norma's for breakfast you will be greeted with a complimentary smoothie (and yes it really is free so drink up)! Now, pay close attention, when the waiter offers you orange juice DO NOT ACCEPT IT! It costs $9. Yup a $9 OJ is really not worth it. 

The one item on the menu that you need to spend your money on is the Norma's Super Blueberry Pancakes with Devonshire Cream. Unless you have an enormous appetite, I would even suggest splitting the pancake with your dining companion and saving $25. I am someone who can eat very large quantities of food in one sitting (and I also do not like sharing my food) and I could not finish this pancake.

The reason I am suggesting this $25 pancake to you is because you will have an out of body, mind blowing, OMG what did they put in this pancake to make it so ridiculously good, I would pay $25 again in a heartbeat experience that will have you telling people this was the best pancake you've ever had in your life. Seriously, if you are in NYC go to Norma's, order this pancake, spend $25 for breakfast and go enjoy the rest of your life because it will pretty much be complete after eating this (and I'm being completely serious). Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts