Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles


Last week I bought bacon and asparagus at my local Portland Farmer's Market without any intention of pairing them together. As my week has gone on my planned out meals have started to dwindle and I needed to get creative last night with ingredients in my fridge to throw dinner together. Thus, bacon wrapped asparagus bundles were made!


Who knew two ingredients could create such a delicious side dish! I ended up doing a "breakfast for dinner" theme last night and paired these bundles with dandelion green pesto potatoes and scrambled eggs. Quick, easy and delicious!

With asparagus being in season and bacon being delicious all year round, it's the perfect time to make these bundles! If you can get local ingredients from the farmers in your area, even better! I got my bacon from Tails and Trotters at the PSU Market and it was some of the best bacon I've ever had. I also got my asparagus from the market and it was equally as delicious.

I hope you enjoy!


Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles (4 servings):

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch asparagus (about 16 spears)
  • 4 pieces bacon
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
  2. Trim off the ends of the asparagus.
  3. Wrap four asparagus spears with one piece of bacon and place on the baking sheet. You should end up with 4 bundles. Make more if you have more asparagus and bacon!
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the asparagus is tender and the bacon is crisp.

Comments

Popular Posts