Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
I made this unique chicken parmesan recipe for the first time last night and it was unbelievably delicious. I enjoyed the baked quinoa crust more than I enjoy a fried breadcrumb crust.
The ingredients stay true to an authentic chicken parmesan recipe, but you feel like you're having a completely new experience with it. Adding more protein and crunch to the chicken parmesan, the quinoa is much more beneficial to health than breadcrumbs. Also, baking the dish instead of frying it saves many fat grams and calories.
My roommates and I all sat in silence as we devoured this amazing chicken along with my Italian Roasted Vegetables. I always say that a meal must be delicious if nobody at the dinner table is talking, because they are all too focused on the great food in front of them.
This meal will leave your family and friends speechless while enjoying it, but they won't be able to stop talking about it after it is all gone!
Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan:
(original recipe from: http://www.closetcooking.com)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry cooked with 1 cup water)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup mozzarella, grated
1 cup marinara sauce
2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then egg, then the quinoa and Italian seasoning mixture.
- Place the chicken on a rack on a baking pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- About 10 minutes before the chicken is ready, top each piece with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and continue to bake until the chicken is done and the cheese has melted.
- Top the chicken with fresh basil and enjoy!