Salsa and Cheddar Baked Eggs
I love my mini cast iron skillet. It's perfect for baking individual breakfasts, lunches and dinners, including this hearty baked egg dish.
I loaded this little skillet with fresh veggies, all natural salsa, 2 farm fresh eggs and cheddar cheese. It's delicious and so filling!
If you don't have a mini cast iron skillet, don't worry, you can easily make this in any small skillet that you have. I would recommend investing in a cast iron one though because they just seem to make everything taste better!
Salsa and Cheddar Baked Eggs:
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2-3 tablespoons salsa (store bought or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat and spray your skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the broccoli and red pepper. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the salsa.
- Make 2 wells in the skillet and crack your eggs right into the wells.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking. About 5 minutes before the eggs are ready, top with cheddar cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.