Avocado, Tomato and Sweet Potato Patty Salad
I made sweet potato burgers for dinner last night and had some leftover patties. I decided to spare the carbs of a hamburger bun and put the patty over a salad with some tomatoes and avocado. It was such a delicious and filling lunch.
The nutrients in the dark leafy greens, sweet potato, avocado and tomato make this salad extremely guilt free and will give you energy for the rest of the day. You can even make this salad ahead of time and pack it to take to work.
I enjoyed this salad with some of my lemon herb vinaigrette that I also had leftover from last night. You can easily serve this salad with balsamic vinaigrette or even tahini dressing. Any dressing that you love will most likely work for this salad. Enjoy!
Avocado, Tomato and Sweet Potato Patty Salad:
(sweet potato patty original recipe from: http://www.theironyou.com)
Sweet Potato Patty:
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put the diced sweet potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 5 minutes on high, until the potatoes are tender.
- Put the cannellini beans, potatoes and garlic clove into a food processor and puree until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, flour, egg, paprika and cayenne.
- Form into 4-5 patties and cook over medium high heat in a skillet sprayed with coconut oil non-stick spray.
1 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
3 cups fresh salad greens
- Combine the greens, tomato and avocado in a serving bowl. Add a sweet potato patty on top and serve with your favorite dressing.