Vegan Gingerbread Muffins



I haven't made muffins in a while and wanted to try a new recipe today. My boyfriend suggested making gingerbread muffins and even though I didn't have molasses, I decided to make them anyway and use maple syrup instead.


There is nothing better then having the house smell like warm cinnamon and ginger on a rainy day, such as today.


These muffins are extremely healthy. I just started baking with coconut sugar and I always love replacing oil with applesauce. Using almond milk also helps save calories.


I have a feeling this gingerbread muffin recipe is going to become a staple breakfast recipe in my house this winter. They are so warming and good for you. They would also be great in the morning served with a little bit of Greek yogurt to add some protein to your breakfast.


Vegan Gingerbread Muffins:
(recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.southerninlaw.com)

2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
1/4 cup maple syrup (or molasses)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
  3. In a separate bowl combine the milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup and applesauce. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until fully incorporated.
  4. Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts