Parmesan Crusted Zucchini and New Potatoes



This is a great and simple side dish recipe that can go alongside pretty much anything. I served this with my broiled tilapia with a dijon chive sauce and it was a fantastic dinner.


I was so excited to photograph this side dish in my new fun polka dot bowl that my sister gave me for Christmas. All of the gifts she gave me this year are to help me with my food blogging photos, such as a blogging book and many pretty plates and bowls.


Potatoes and zucchini are delicious on their own, but they are so much better sauteed in butter, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and broiled to create a nice crust. The fresh rosemary and thyme add so much extra flavor to these veggies and I can't wait to make this side dish again. Enjoy!


Parmesan Crusted Zucchini and New Potatoes:
(original recipe from: http://www.foodnetwork.com)

4 new potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
1/4 cup parmesan, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool. Cut them in half.
  2. Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add the butter, thyme, rosemary and garlic to the pan and cook until the butter melts. In a large bowl season the zucchini and potatoes with salt and pepper.
  3. Place the zucchini and potatoes cut side down in the saute pan and cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
  4. Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place the vegetables cut side up on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the parmesan. Broil for about 4 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts