Plumcot Buckle Coconut Milk Ice Cream



I was so excited to eat my bowl of plumcot buckle coconut milk ice cream that I definitely slacked on pictures tonight, but it was so worth it to rush through picture taking.

The sugar and oil free plumcot buckle I made last week has been in competition with the apple oatmeal muffins I made Sunday with regards to getting eaten. I decided that I should try putting some of the buckle into a basic coconut milk ice cream base so that none of it goes to waste.


I have to say, my idea was pretty great. The buckle actually tastes better in ice cream than it does on its own. I kept the dessert sugar free and low calorie by using liquid stevia, but you could use honey or agave to add sweetness to the ice cream base.

This dessert is practically guilt free and full of fruit, good fats from coconut milk and tons of flavor! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did tonight.

Plumcot Buckle Coconut Milk Ice Cream:

1 can full fat coconut milk
1 can light coconut milk
30 drops liquid stevia (or 1/4 cup honey or agave)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 plumcot buckle, crumbled
  1. In a large bowl, combine the 2 cans of coconut milk, liquid stevia and vanilla extract. Churn in an ice cream maker according to directions.
  2. Once the ice cream is done churning, transfer to a tupperware container and stir in the crumbled buckle pieces.
  3. Store in the freezer with a tight seal lid.

Comments

Popular Posts