How to Freeze Pizza Dough and A Pizza Recipe!


Freezing extra pizza dough is extremely easy. I made way too much dough last weekend and decided to freeze the extra. All you have to do to freeze pizza dough is break the dough into pieces that will make one pizza each and wrap them in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Place in the freezer. Whenever you need to use the dough, let it defrost in the fridge overnight. That's it!


I figured I might as well let all of you take a peek into my very stocked and tiny freezer. As you can see I am a little obsessed with making my own ice cream. I have my kumquat and lemon buttermilk sorbet, dulce de leche coconut milk ice cream, a fresh strawberry and chocolate chip coconut milk ice cream and of course my ice cream machine ready to go for whenever I want to try a new recipe!

Not pictured I also have some frozen chocolate covered banana bites, soy beans (which I have been eating for lunch along with eggs this week) and some soy ice cream sandwiches shoved behind all of the ice cream containers. I have to say I love everything in my freezer, since I am usually rummaging through it a few hours before I go to bed for a little nighttime snack. Now onto that recipe I promised!


Roasted Fennel and Sausage Pizza:

2 andouille turkey sausages, sliced
1 fennel bulb, diced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and put the fennel onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with the thyme, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
  2. Increase the temperature of the oven to 450° and spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Roll out the dough into a thin circle or rectangle and transfer to the baking sheet.
  3. Spread the tomato sauce onto the dough, leaving about an inch border. Sprinkle the two cheeses over the sauce and top with the sausage and roasted fennel. Bake the pizza for about 10-11 minutes, until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
  4. Slice the pizza and serve. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts